RB Elysium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RB Elysium

Roleplay for RavenBlack City

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

At Waters Edge (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
liquidvamp
Anarch
Anarch
liquidvamp

At Waters Edge (open) Empty
PostSubject: At Waters Edge (open)   At Waters Edge (open) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:37 pm

Date: Jan 22nd, 2011

Time: 1:00 am

Weather: Cloudy with a chance of snow/

Liquid slowly made her way down along the silent city streets, she was heading towards the water’s edge where she knew she would find peace and quiet. Moon her beautiful wolf pup trotted along her side and every once in awhile venturing off to create bubbles in the puddles that littered the ground. Lately it had been mild, mild for mid January anyways and the snow all around the pier was beginning to melt. She tilted her head back just examining the night sky as if hoping out of nowhere some of her questions would magically be answered; of course this was reality and nothing ever happened that easily. Still Liquid hoped, like always she held onto that faith that something good would happen and catch her completely off guard – There was nothing wrong with hoping... Right?

As she walked her heels crackled under the salt the humans had put down in order to melt the forming ice near the water; heaven forbid someone slip and make a fool of themselves where the others could watch. They were only humans for god sakes, there balance wasn’t as great as a vampires but even in this state there were a number of times she had made a fool of herself. It was a part of life, eternal or not.

Moon sat only a few feet ahead and liquid pulled the straps around her waist tighter and hurried off after the pup minding her step the entire way. Scooping the tiny white fluff ball up into her arms she cradled it near her chest and continued to walk onto one of the many loading docks. It was certainly a cloudy night this evening and the chances of snow she assumed were high. Pulling off her glove with her teeth she felt the ground near the end of the pier and when she found it dry she sit dangling her feet of the edge.

Glancing out into the black obis of the water did she hear the floating bobbins and the rattling chains from the ongoing waves. The blue and red lights that sat on top of the floating masses of metal blinked like misplaced stars and she found herself relaxing rather quickly. Moon even found herself comfortable in Lili’s lap wrapped up in the long scarf that hung from her neck. ”What a beautiful... Beautiful night, Moon. I wouldn’t mind coming out here more often, I might even bring Thor if he isn’t bugging Ari.” she said in a mere whisper down to the pup who in return twitched her ears and began to wag her tail. It was beginning to seem like her first trip down to the waters edge was going to be a complete success.
Back to top Go down
jacob
Anarch
Anarch
jacob

PostSubject: Re: At Waters Edge (open)   At Waters Edge (open) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:44 pm

It was one of those nights you know, the ones where you felt everything was wrong and way too much even though you were alone or as in my case, almost alone. The night itself was pleasant enough, well as pleasant as a January night could be anyway, truth be told I didn’t notice much of it as I walked.
I’d spent the past couple of days ‘taking care’ of Megan, she was my new…I still couldn’t wrap my head around that one. It had been explained to me, but still.
My boots crunched against the ground as I walked up one street and down another, the buildings passed like the people, unseen. My attention was drawn inward, to the happenings of the past few days.
Cassie still hasn’t shown up and I was sick with worry, I still hadn’t spoken to Jade again and that was another thing that worried me. Powers, what the hell were these powers and how the hell did I use them if I had them at all.

The city and it’s people passed in a blur as I made my way through it at a leisurely pace. Somewhere through the fog of thoughts I heard the sound of waves, but it didn’t really register. My hands were stuffed into the pockets of my brown leather jacket, my phone tucked safely into the front pocket of a pair of slightly fade blue jeans. The neck of a red T shirt was visible where the collar of the jacket lay open and to the sides.
Luckily I didn’t walk into anyone, or perhaps unluckily because it would have roused me out of my thoughts. As it were I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t notice that I’d left the city and the people behind a while back, I didn’t notice that I was walking down a loading dock and that it dropped away in front of me. I didn’t notice that I had an audience of two, a woman and a pup that would soon be either laughing or concerned or a bit of both.

I stepped off the end of the dock and into the clear air over the waves below and only when I entered it with a loud splash, only when the cold wet darkness surrounded me did I snap out of my thoughts.
”Holy mother son of a blurp…” I sank below the water a moment as I cursed myself and the night and broke the surface again.
Back on the dock standing in a puddle of water that dripped from my clothes I whispered curses at my self and all the gods I could think of at the moment as I stared down at my drenched self. My boots made sloshing sounds as I stepped around in a small circle, my arms flaying as it worked out the anger I had at myself.
Back to top Go down
liquidvamp
Anarch
Anarch
liquidvamp

PostSubject: Re: At Waters Edge (open)   At Waters Edge (open) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:31 pm

[[ OOC - Forgive me for the delay.. Things came up and it required me to only be able to check in ]]

Liquid hummed happily as she ran her fingers down the length of her pups back. Having Moon just being there in her presents caused her to regain the happiness she had lost so many months ago. Her present seemed to be all going downhill but recently things began to brighten up and her blue funk was beginning to dissipate along with her sour mood. Glancing down at her pup she smiled widely and leaned down to lightly place a kiss on her forehead, ”Moon my dearest, what do you say about staying just a little much longer?” When the pup gave a gurgled growl did she know the sight of the water would be in her sights just a little longer.

Turning her head to the left is where she saw the glowing and blinking neon lights of the small carnival that normally always takes place further down the pier. The sounds of laughter and screams from the games and rides would of been hidden within the sounds of the waves but with her hearing she could pick it up easily. She smiled and wondered if her childes would enjoy going down to the carnivals, her Zeebee and Temp would totally get invited as well but that was if they had time with the wedding.

CRUNCH The sound of footsteps soon snapped her attention from the lights to a man who was approaching at a decent speed, she raised a brow questionably and simply stared at him hoping to find out exactly what he wanted or needed. Lifting a hand she waved at him trying to gain his attention... He was drawing dangerously close to the edge and if he didn’t watch where he was going he was going to fall in...

”Ex-“ She went to grab his attention before he vanished off the edge of the pier. Oh bloody brilliant. she thought to herself before removing Moon from her lap preparing herself to get ready to jump in after him, she took off her jacket and she was beginning to slip off her heels before he broke the surface of the water, ”Holy mother son of a blurp…” she heard him say before he sank under the water again. She laughed lightly and watched as he made his way back onto the dock soaking wet, ”Lovely way to make an entrance.” she said with a chuckle before walking over to the male and offering him her jacket, ”The name is Liquid. Daughter of Deadpaparick, Grandbaby of Doncey, Great granddaughter of V-rex... I assume... you are like me?” Liquid could sense and smell something different about him, them again it might just be the sea water he was in just moments earlier.
Back to top Go down
jacob
Anarch
Anarch
jacob

PostSubject: Re: At Waters Edge (open)   At Waters Edge (open) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:38 am

((OOC: No worries bout the delay...))

I was still turning around in small angry circles cursing my bad luck and stupidity when a voice interrupted my whispering tirade of self scolding. I looked up and saw a jacket held out towards me, following the jacket that couldn’t possibly have been the one to speak but considering that it was floating and my ridiculous sense of humor and bad luck it just might have been the one that spoke, so following the jacket and the new words that came my way I found an arm which made slightly more sense then a floating jacket and finally a face. There was something odd about the way she looked at me, or was it just that she was trying to conceal her laughter, I mean I’d laugh at me falling into the sea well that is if I wasn’t so busy being annoyed at myself.

After hearing her impressive introduction I felt it only polite to introduce myself in a similar manner. ”Names Jacob. Son of Jadeleath and Lasc, Grandson of Lass and I’m not sure, great grandson of…uhm, not sure on that one either and if you mean to say if I’m like you I’d have to say I’m not sure again. Let’s see, you’re blond, pretty, a woman and dry…” I ticked off the matching points of comparison on the fingers on my left hand with my right index finger. ”…I’ve got dark hair, am not pretty at all and certainly not a woman…and I’m wet… Nope not like you at all. I am a vampire though, if that’s what you meant as I suspect you are.” I don’t know what it was about this whole situation that suddenly felt so funny, but I found myself a lot less angry at myself and a lot more wanting to laugh. Perhaps it was the humor in her face, the sort of puzzled confused expression as if she wasn’t sure what to make of this or me, hell I wasn’t sure what to make of this and me. This was like something straight out of a Discworld novel, only I wasn’t Rinswind and the water I fell into wasn’t the River Ank and this wasn’t Ankmorpork. We weren’t drifting through space on the backs of four elephants standing on the back of a gigantic turtle.
After coming to that startling yet totally unnecessary and irrelevant realization that this was not some fantasy world filled with magic and wonder drifting on a turtle, I felt slightly disappointed. This however was Ravenblack, city of fantasy and magic and horror, not much different from Ankmorpork really if you thought about it, and who’s to say we weren’t drifting on some gigantic sea creature through space. Those people at NASA could be lying to us.

And then it got cooler, I shivered and swallowed the laugh that had been bubbling up and as the breeze brushed over and past me I sobered up a little from my deluded introspection on life, the universe and everything.
”Sorry, guess I’m just kind of pissed at myself for walking off a pier, didn’t mean to be rude.”
Back to top Go down
liquidvamp
Anarch
Anarch
liquidvamp

PostSubject: Re: At Waters Edge (open)   At Waters Edge (open) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:11 pm

There were so many things walking around this city now it was rather complicated when trying to pin point who someone was anymore, she made met a werewolf, other vampires, half breeds, fairies, spirits in hosts, wizards, witches, and the very popular humans. There was a large range of night walkers, day walkers or people who don’t sleep and spend their entire life awake without rest... "Names Jacob. Son of Jadeleath and Lasc, Grandson of Lass and I’m not sure, great grandson of…uhm, not sure on that one either and if you mean to say if I’m like you I’d have to say I’m not sure again. Let’s see, you’re blond, pretty, a woman and dry…” Liquid chuckled and gave a small nod of the head, he was very much right when he came to his conclusion about her.

”Jacob you are very much correct. I’m blonde, a female and a dry one at that. Pretty on the other hand, well that can be debated by others.” she paused and watched him curiously a moment before continuing, ”I mean are you... well...” She opened her mouth and flashed him a toothy grin while revealing a pair of white fangs. ”…I’ve got dark hair, am not pretty at all and certainly not a woman…and I’m wet… Nope not like you at all. I am a vampire though, if that’s what you meant as I suspect you are.” he answered right after her question. She grinned brightly and wiggled on the spot, another vampire this was totally exciting.

She grinned and watched him as he seemed to go deep into thought; his blank stare that seemed to go unblinking andcaused her to laugh. The young vampiress went to go prod the male when she too felt the breeze that crept up onto the pier from the water below. ”Sorry, guess I’m just kind of pissed at myself for walking off a pier, didn’t mean to be rude.” Liquid shrugged helplessly, what had just taken place as over and done with, the fear of someone not being able to swim was settled once he climbed his way onto the pier, ”What do you say about getting off this pier.. and find you something warm and particularly dry to wear, hmm?” Liquid extended her arm to the male allowing him to lead the way, she glanced over at her pup and motioned to Moon they were leaving. Moon scooped up the scarf in her mouth and bound her way over to Liquid with her tail wagging happily.
Back to top Go down
jacob
Anarch
Anarch
jacob

PostSubject: Re: At Waters Edge (open)   At Waters Edge (open) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:30 pm

It was remarkable how incidental incidents could be and if you looked at it from a third or fourth perspective you might notice that though coincidence is a mere myth created to confuse the hell out of people trying to figure out just what the hell coincidence is in the first place, there are something’s that just are coincidental and if they were planned by some cosmic power it would leave us to question just what sort of sick gods we had cause something’s that happen are just humorously twisted. Like walking off the end of a pier and not noticing it until you’re submerged in cold dark water and then standing in a sorry wet state on the pier debating the facts of the workings of the universe and it’s twisted gods with yourself whilst slightly peeved at yourself for walking off the end of the pier and not noticing it and talking to a pretty girl who clearly finds the humor in the situation that you refuse to let yourself in on and her being adamant that she isn’t pretty and then worrying about getting you into dry clothes.

I’m not sure if it surprised me or her more, but when a sudden urge to laugh overwhelmed me like a thief creeping up from behind to knock me out , I just burst out laughing. It was silly I know, she was being the generous grown up and I the silly fool. Well it was suddenly just too much, the thinking and falling and being wet and everything that had lead up to the point where I stepped unknowingly off the end off a pier and into the sea. I stood there staring down at my very drenched self and laughed, not hysterically, not sadly, just laughed with real mirth. It had been my first laugh in months, well my first real laugh after being kidnapped and tortured.
I had the feeling that if this situation wasn’t so funny I’d be crying instead of laughing, and I found myself very glad to be wet.

”I’m sorry for laughing like that,” I said as my laughter ebbed and my eyes finally met hers again. ”You have to admit, that was pretty funny. And as for getting off the pier and to something dry to wear, I guess I could follow a pretty stranger with a puppy’s advice and agree to that.” I smiled with the humor that had not yet left me, it was sad and stupid but hilarious none the less. I never thought the day would come and so soon when I would laugh at what had happened to me, and here it was.

My clothes still made sloshing sounds as I trudged along side her, the sounds of the city and the surrounding night that had been lost to me earlier while I was lost in thought were now vividly present. The cold air and my wet clothing proved to a mixture of discomfort, the cold hadn’t bothered me much since I had been turned but there was a point where it did become an uncomfortable issue and that point had been reached. ”Thanks for offering me your coat earlier. What’s his name?” I indicated the pup with a nod of my head as my hands were tucked into my armpits, it was a latent human gesture for heat but it wasn’t doing much good. It wasn’t that I was afraid of freezing to death or anything, it was just uncomfortable being cold like this and I looked forward to a nice long hot shower back at my apartment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At Waters Edge (open)   At Waters Edge (open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At Waters Edge (open)
Page 1 of 1